The Safe Harbor Foster Care Program
Thank you for your interest in the Safe Harbor Foster Care
Program. We appreciate your willingness to open your heart and
home to homeless animals. Your dedication allows our organization
to rescue animals that we would otherwise have to turn away
due to lack of space in our existing foster homes or sanctuary.
The overall mission of the Foster Care Program is to give animals
individualized care and socialization to ensure that they will
be easy to place in new homes and will be adopted by families
that can best meet their needs.
Specific Goals of the Program:
- Provide a safe, healthy, nurturing environment for mother
animals to raise their young.
- Give our long-term residents time away from the shelter
in a home setting.
- Socialize shy or timid animals.
- Allow sick or injured animals to heal in a caring, reduced-stress
- Nurse and bottle feeding orphaned or abandoned kittens.
If you are interested, please read and understand the policies
in the Foster
Agreement that you would be asked to follow, then download
our Foster Home Application.
Once complete (print clearly, please!) and signed, the application
can be mailed or FAXed to us at addresses shown at the top of